Immortality Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immortality Guild

Immortality Guild Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Macros: Suggested for Mages

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kumo
Admin
Admin

Macros: Suggested for Mages Empty
PostSubject: Macros: Suggested for Mages   Macros: Suggested for Mages EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 18:40

Mages are one of the classes in wow that have way way too many abilities. It is because of Sukai I first experimented with macros. So some of these are purely for convenience as they consolidate hotkeys and others I consider mandatory for things like PVP.

ICE BLOCK/CANCEL ICE BLOCK: Casts and cancels your Ice Block.
Quote :
#showtooltip Ice Block
/cancelaura Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cast Ice Block
This is the macro you see mages use when they do those one second long Ice blocks. If you time it right, you can use this to block an ability the second it hits you and cancel it right after, or for a quick way to clear debuffs from yourself. Note, mashing this may cancel your Ice Block earlier than intended so use with caution.

I recently encountered another version of this macro as well, where instead of tying your /cancel to the button you are usually trying to mash to save your life you can put it on something else like Ice Lance. It would look like this:

Quote :

/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Ice Lance

MOUSEOVER REMOVE CURSE: Quick on-the-fly decursing.
Quote :
#show Remove Lesser Curse
/cast [target=mouseover, help] [target=player] Remove Lesser Curse
This macro allows you to quickly decurse people in your vicinity by mousing over their characters and using this macro or mousing over their unit/health bar frame and using it there. This is the best way to decurse allies in PVP without resorting to set them to a focus and without having to target them. Also very useful for PVE.

MAX/RANK(1) DAMPEN MAGIC: Consolidates the max and lowest rank into one hotkey.
Quote :
#showtooltip Dampen Magic
/cast [btn:2] Dampen Magic(Rank 1); Dampen Magic
Rank 1 spells are still useful for various reasons. This macro allows you to cast max rank when normally used, but if you right click it with your mouse (that's what btn 2 is) it casts rank 1 dampen magic. This is useful for PVP situations where you are playing with a healer but could still use some safe dispel fodder.

Note that this macro can easily be customized for a host of other spells. Also note that rank 1 spells and those of all ranks cost the same amount of mana as the spell of the highest rank that you have trained!

USE/CONJURE FOOD/WATER/REFRESHMENT TABLE: Combines all food/water conjure spells and uses them all with one hotkey.
Quote :
#showtooltip Conjured Mana Biscuit
/use [nomod] Conjured Mana Biscuit
/use [nomod] Conjured Glacier Water
/use [nomod] Conjured Croissant
/cast [mod:shift, btn:2] Conjure Food;[mod:shift] Conjure Water;[mod:alt] Ritual of Refreshment
One of my favorite macros, this one consolidates literally SIX BUTTONS into ONE! This is small break down of what happens for each command:

-Regular keystroke/click: Use Mana Biscuit and/or Glacial Water + Croissant.
-Shift + Right Click: Conjure Food
-Shift + regular keystroke/click: Conjure Water
-Alt + regular keystroke/click: Perform Ritual of Refreshment.

This saves you so much space and with a minimal amount of practice is really easy to use! Enjoy!

SUMMON WATER ELEMENTAL (PASSIVE STANCE): Summons and sets your elemental to passive.
Quote :
#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/stop macro [nopet]
/petpassive
/petattack
This macro is very useful because often times when you summon your pet it immediately begins attacking an unintended target (like your sheep). On summon it is immediately put on passive, hitting it one more time and it starts auto-casting bolts. Very easy to use and a great way to prevent unintended situations.

Note: I am currently looking into a macro that casts pet nova the second it is summoned (it appears simultaneously as it is cast so very good for clutch novas). If anyone knows this macro already let me know; I know one like this exists somewhere.

FROST NOVA AND PET FREEZE: Combines both abilities into one hotkey.
Quote :
#showtooltip Frost Nova
/cast [mod:ctrl] Freeze; Frost Nova
If your pet is available it allows you to cast your elemental's freeze with the control modifier. Note that pressing Ctrl allows you to see the visible cooldown timer of your pet's Freeze ability, where not pressing Ctrl will show your Frost Nova's cooldown timer.

FOCUS AND MOUSEOVER COUNTERSPELL/DEEP FREEZE/POLYMORPH: All the variations of Counter Spell, Deep Freeze and Polymorph I use.
Quote :
#showtooltip Counterspell
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus, exists, nodead][mod:alt, target=mouseover,exists] Counterspell; Counterspell

and

#showtooltip Deep Freeze
/cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus, exists, nodead][mod:alt, target=mouseover,exists] Deep Freeze; Deep Freeze

and

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus, exists, nodead][mod:alt, target=mouseover,exists] Polymorph(Rabbit); Polymorph(Rabbit)
These macros are all nearly the same, particularly the Deep Freeze and Polymorph variants. However the Counter Spell macros includes a /stopcast at the very beginning which allows you to hit it and no matter what you are doing (which will often be casting a spell) you will stop and Counter Spell your intended target.

Using deep freeze with a focus is invaluable as a frost mage as it can easily used for extra-instant CC on say, your target's healer. This is particularly useful at 70 because it is not possible to have Imp. Counter Spell and Deep Freeze at the same time due to talent point limitations. At 80 you can chain Deep Freeze into a blanket Counter Spell for 9 seconds of instant CC. Very useful to use say, on a Druid whom you cannot control normally by other means.

Those are most of my mage macros. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to share your own mage macros as well!
Back to top Go down

Macros: Suggested for Mages
Page 1 of 1