Immortality Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immortality Guild

Immortality Guild Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Macros: Suggested for Rogues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kumo
Admin
Admin

Macros: Suggested for Rogues Empty
PostSubject: Macros: Suggested for Rogues   Macros: Suggested for Rogues EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 16:50

These are some of the macros I use on my rogue. I do not have that many to share as many are relevant to 80s only. Unfortunately, many of this are also very pvp oriented though I think many of you could still put them to use. Feel free to share any of your own rogue macros in this thread.

CLEAR TARGET /SAP: Clears your target and saps your closest target.
Quote :
#showtooltip sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/cast sap
This is the ultimate macro for sapping enemy rogues. By spamming it you are automatically targeting your closest target and sapping them. This is useful because often times an enemy rogue will visibly pass you in a fraction of a second, too small of a time to allow you to manually target and sap them before they disappear again.

Note however, that this macro shouldn't replace your regular sap, since you can have targeting issues while using it if you are trying to sap an individual who is standing close to others. This is basically an anti-rogue macro which will give you a significant advantage against those who do not have it.

DEADLY THROW/THROW WEAPON: Combines your throw and deadly throw.
Quote :
#showtooltip deadly throw
/cast deadly throw
/cast throw
Very simple macro that combines your throw weapon and deadly throw. I find it very useful.

VANISH: Stops your auto-attack to increase the chances of a successful vanish.
Quote :
#showtooltip Vanish
/stopattack
/cast vanish
Server/client latency is the prime suspect for failed vanishes. An example of such a situation is your client and the server fail to both realize that you have vanished before your next auto-attack, so the timer does not get reset and you end up white-attacking someone popping yourself out of your vanished stealth. This macro is an attempt to circumvent this issue. Replace your vanish with this macro.

CB EVISCERATE/MUTILATE + HAND ROCKETS: Combined cds for efficient burst.
Quote :
#showtooltip Cold Blood
/cast Cold Blood
/cast Mutilate
/use 10

or

#showtooltip Cold Blood
/cast Cold Blood
/cast Eviscerate
/use 10
The last line of each macro uses your glove enchant if they are the engineering hand rockets. I find this useful for more efficient burst. Sometimes I find myself needing to CB Eviscerate and other times Mutilate, which is why I personally use a macro for each.

SUPER PREPARATION: Uses all the cds before preparation refreshes them.
Quote :
#showtooltip Preparation
/cast Shadowstep
/cast Sprint
/cast [nostealth] Evasion
/cast Preparation
Absolutely mandatory for a prep rogue. It uses the cooldowns you have not yet used before preparation resets them. Note, this is all done with one keystroke/click and does not need to be mashed; mashing it WILL use all your cooldowns AGAIN so make sure you only hit this only once.

This is basically for those situations where you blow vanish once and need another one as soon as possible.

STEALTH/ATTACK: Puts you in stealth if you happen to drop combat before attacking your target.

Quote :
#showtooltip Sinister Strike
/cast [nostealth] Stealth
/cast [combat] Sinister Strike
/startattack

or

#showtooltip Mutilate
/cast [combat] Mutilate
/startattack

or

#showtooltip Hemorrhage
/cast [combat] Hemorrhage
/startattack
There are several times where perhaps you are being kited by your target and are closing distance on it and suddenly you drop combat just before you engage again. This macro puts you in stealth immediately should that occur allowing you another opener. Else it will use your main attack for your current spec or trigger your auto attack if you don't have enough energy to use it.

If you have any questions about these let me know. I had to change some of these to be relevant to you 70s so there is a chance I made an error somewhere.

Also, if you are interested, I can show you guys the macro sets I use for Cheapshot/Expose Armor and Garrote/Rupture through things like Sap, Blind and Gouge.

I also use Pheq's "Holy Grail" macro (which he made a warcraftmovies.com video about) that combines Sap, Blind, Tricks and focus Sap, Blind, Tricks into a single button! I would have to edit it to make it usable for 70s which is why I did not post it immediately. Note that this is why I didn't list any general focus target sap, blind, etc. macros.

Again Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Usebandaids

Usebandaids

PostSubject: Re: Macros: Suggested for Rogues   Macros: Suggested for Rogues EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 03:14

My sap macro is cooler

#Showtooltip Sap(Rank 3)
/console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
/cast [harm,nodead] Sap(Rank 3)
Back to top Go down
jamble

PostSubject: Re: Macros: Suggested for Rogues   Macros: Suggested for Rogues EmptyOctober 3rd 2009, 01:43

your sap macro is bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macros: Suggested for Rogues   Macros: Suggested for Rogues Empty

Back to top Go down

Macros: Suggested for Rogues
Page 1 of 1